Green Friday is an ecofriendly alternative that was born to raise awareness among consumers about the need to promote more sustainable, responsible and ethical consumption with the environment.
What's Green Friday?
It's about fighting Black Friday and turning around a compulsive consumerism day to make it a much more conscious, sustainable and local day.
And that doesn’t mean that we cannot take advantage of the sales and market offers, quite the opposite! But let's do it with social conscience and investing our money to real ecological alternatives and to eco-responsible brands that really respect environment and society.
On the contrary, we are promoting a consumer society and increasing pollution. And what relationship is there between sales and pollution? Well, you may not be able to relate them directly, but they are related and much more than you think.
Price’s drop means that multinationals pressure their workers and this causes a clear labor exploitation, a greater pollution of rivers and seas due to an increase in toxic waste and endless consequences. What you save, our planet pays the price.
There are becoming more and more brands that care for and respect the rights of their workers, define themselves as vegan and defend animal’s rights, adopt sustainable manufacturing processes and avoid the use of plastics, etc. For this reason, these brands also offer discounts to consumers to bring their sustainable spirit closer to more people.
At Place to Plug we not only want to promote the transition to a more sustainable energy industry and 100% electric mobility, but we also seek to minimize our ecological footprint in our lives. For this reason, we propose some environmental challenges. Do you dare to achieve them?
Just start with some of them and very soon you’ll have more desire to add challenges day by day to help reducing your ecological footprint :)
Here goes our challenges list!
1. Do not consume bottled water, install a filter in your tap!
2. Use reusable bags, carts or baskets instead of plastic bags.
3. Do not buy packaged fruit, meat or fish.
4. Turn off the water tap while taking a shower, washing your hands or teeth.
5. Use compostable or biodegradable garbage bags.
6. Reduce the use of the car.
7. Use even more public transport.
8. Avoid short car journeys and replace them with journeys by foot or in personal mobility vehicles such as electric scooters or electric bikes.
9. Consume natural cosmetic products.
10. Buy eco-friendly clothes.
11. Buy glass bottles instead of plastic ones.
12. Pay through your smartphone instead of a plastic credit.
13. Select, as far as possible, receive notifications by email instead of post.
14. Reduce your consumption especially during sales.
15. Use cups instead of plastic cups.
16. Use rechargeable batteries instead of throwaway batteries.
17. Buy handmade products.
18. Buy second-hand items to give them a second life.
19. Buy solid shower shampoos and soaps.
20. Do not buy or use plastic straws, use 100% sustainable paper or bamboo straws.
21. Use bamboo toothbrush and bamboo ear sticks.
22. Always recycle plastic, glass and organic.
23. Put a recycling bin in the bathroom. There are small ones that will sure fit in some corner.
24. Buy food in bulk as much as possible.
25. Avoid using glasses, cutlery or plates made of plastic.
26. Use glass lunch boxes instead of plastic ones.
27. Say no to single-one use products.
28. Use reusable silicone bags to freeze your food.
29. Avoid buying toys that contain plastic.
30. Become a member of an NGO for the environment.
💙 And how Place to Plug contributes to the environment and sustainability?
By empowering you to use electric vehicles offering an end to end solution for the entire EV charging industry, whether if you are an EV driver, a business or an institution!